Wednesday, September 5, 2018

The Three R's


The Three R’s

RISE.  All Rise.  This coming Saturday Sept 8 let’s “RISE for Climate, Jobs and Justice.”  That’s the name of the movement and marches around our nation and world.  Get out and walk your talk. Riseforclimate.org

RENEWABLES – that’s the goal.  Insist that our elected leaders commit to no new fossils fuels and a just and fair transition to 100% renewable energy.

RELIGION – In cities across the globe diverse faith leaders have organized congregations to take part in these marches and this movement, opening with multi-faith prayer services and heartfelt faithful singing on the marches.  Northern California folks contact the fabulous Jeff Spencer to sign up for the SF March.

I will be in Milwaukee on that day for church meetings, but I am hoping to disrupt the planned agenda and encourage 150 United Church of Christ retired pastors to leave the pension plan seminar and take to the streets – hold me in your prayers! 

The past two years I’ve gotten lots of exercise taking to the streets – these pics are from the 2017 Women’s March and 2018 March for the Ocean.

I’ve also marched down Market Street in the Science March and here in Monterey the March for Our Lives. 

If you are a religious person, wear your stole or church t-shirt, tell people God wants us to rise and renew. 

Rise, Renewable, Religion.

Rise, shine, for your light has come.

From Maya Angelou’s “Still We Rise:”

Out of the huts of history's shame
I rise
Up from a past that's rooted in pain
I rise
I'm a black ocean, leaping and wide,
Welling and swelling I bear in the tide.
____________
I post these devotionals about ocean stewardship and spirituality every Wednesday here and on Facebook. Learn more about our Pacific Grove service trips and pilgrimages for all ages at bluetheology.com

No comments:

Post a Comment